On the topic of Droids

Balandar

I was a droid engineer before the ahazi wipe. I can tell you that it is VERY cool to be able to make a C3PO or R2D2. It's a lot of making things that aren't droids to get there (IE: You have to complete the whole engineering line). When I was a DE there were a lot of bugs with the modules and systems, but they ARE useful, and you will have a market. They aren't QUITE what they could be, but in the end, you will see people with droids and it will make you think SW. If you want some Screens let me know.
I wish we could but the Droid Engineer Profession was broken. You could not sell or transfer droids. Also commanding droids was bugged bad. The combat Droids were ok but needed alot of work.

Holocron said that this big patch was supposed to have the fixes so hopefully I can test all the buggs after patch and then let you all and the devs know what is going on

Auggie

Station Member

posted 06-19-2003 08:32 PM          user search    report post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first/second tier combat droids can be killed by the easiest creatures in the game in a couple hits.

Compare it to a diseased rat in eq taking out your droid, and it does 0 damage to it.

The whole profession is largely untested since we only have been able to trade droids to customers the last 4 days. Modules(armor,storage,ect) you install don't function, Droids can't be used as crafting stations.

In my opinion I'd steer most people to creature handlers that are interested in controlling pets. They have problems also but not nearly as bad as DE's

eberkain

Station Member  posted 06-19-2003 08:42 PM          user search    report post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all the problems with droid eng's are listed as being fixed in the latest patch notes.

General Information:

Profession Prerequisites: None

Other Skill Tree Prerequisites: Engineering

Novice Prerequisites:

6000 General Crafting XP

Points Required To Start: 6

Points Required To Get Master: 2

XP Required To Master: 30000 Droid Crafting XP

This profession includes skills from the droid blueprints and production disciplines. A player in this profession can design droid components, instruments and droids themselves.

Archived